Terminal Supply Company is searching for an Inside Sales Manager in our Troy Michigan headquarters. TSC is a wholesale distributor of electrical and maintenance supplies and a custom wire harness manufacturer. Since 1966, we have grown from a husband and wife shop to a national distributor of MRO supplies to the Industrial, Municipal, Heavy Equipment, Fleet Maintenance and Specialty Vehicle Manufacturing industries. As we expand our sales force and continue to grow, we are committed to maintaining a family based culture built on strong relationships among our people and with our customers, vendors and other partners.
Training in this position will include a six-month transition period with our founding Inside Sales Manager who will be retiring after more than two decades running our Inside Sales Department. The Inside Sales Manager will report directly to our VP of Sales and be responsible for the following:
- Manage ten, and more over time, account managers and assistants:
- Training and on-boarding of all new hires in the Department.
- Hiring, discipline, schedules, time off and coverage for all territories in the Inside Sales Department.
- Motivate, educate and develop direct reports by frequent coaching and teaching on tactics, lingo, overcoming objections, closing the sale process and other skills and strategies.
- Identification of key industries and accounts to prospect.
- Understand the purchasing cycle, product mix, habits and key figures in our customer and target accounts.
- Resolve high level customer issues.
- Implement and support goals, objectives and projects of the Company. Report on progress of the same to the executive team.
Compensation is a salary base plus incentive based on monthly performance of the department. Benefits include health, vision and dental insurance, wellness program, life/LTD insurance programs and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Earnings in the first year are expected to be in the $80,000 – $120,000 range. Growth in sales and performance will grow the Inside Sales Manager’s income.
Candidates should have a four year college degree, at least two years of team management in an Inside Sales or Customer Service environment and experience in an industrial company. A dynamic, fast-paced leader who derives their satisfaction and value from helping others reach their goals will find the most success in this position.